The talented Celia Breslin has visited Point No Point before, so I’m thrilled to have her back for the Fictional Lessons for an All-Too-Real Life series. Celia, author of Haven and the upcoming sequel, Destiny, lives in California with her husband, daughter, and two feisty cats. She writes urban fantasy and paranormal romance, and has a particular fondness for vampires, werewolves, and the Fae. When not writing, you’ll find her exercising, reading a good book or indulging her addiction to Joss Whedon’s TV shows and movies.
In Haven, San Francisco nightclub owner Carina Tranquilli survives a vicious attack by her vampire family’s longtime archenemies. In Destiny, several weeks later, as she struggles with PTSD and survivor’s guilt, supervillain Dixon resurfaces and kidnaps two of her best friends. To save them, Carina must comply with the evil bastard’s unusual demands. The kicker? She must tell no one what she is up to. Meanwhile, she has a new dance club to open for the preternatural community, a fated soul mate acting secretive and distant, and a sexy, new, undead friend who’d love to take Alexander’s place in her heart and bed. Blackmailed, betrayed, tempted…sometimes destiny has a wicked sense of humor.
Destiny releases 11/3 and is in preorder now – see buy links at the end of this post. And now… here’s Celia. And her muse. And her heroine, hero, and villain. (We love it!)
Life Lessons Fermenting in Fiction
Liz invited me over today to share my thoughts on real-life lessons learned from writing. My Muse heartily approved of this topic, but when my characters heard about it, a few of them wanted in on the action, too. I’ve included their thoughts below. I’d never hear the end of it, if I didn’t! 🙂
Celia (aka Author):
* Give yourself permission to make mistakes. Consider them learning moments.
* Let yourself make a royal mess of things (as in: rough draft). You can clean it up later (as in: edit).
* Always meet your deadlines.
Muse (aka Artist Brain):
* “Always listen to your muse. I know best, Celia.”
* “Inspiration is all around us 24/7. Eyes open, Celia. Be present, be mindful. Notice everything.”
Carina Tranquilli (heroine, dance club owner, and Chosen One, Tranquilli Bloodline Series):
::waves from her perch on the baby grand piano in Haven::
* “Work hard, play hard, and give Plan A everything you’ve got. But always have a Plan B in your back pocket.”
Alexander Wallace (hero and musician, Tranquilli Bloodline Series):
::stops playing the piano and shoots us his sexy smile::
* “Dream big. Set goals and work your ass off to achieve them.”
Dixon de Champagne (villain, Tranquilli Bloodline Series):
:: astride his motorcycle, outside Roland’s vampire bar and grill::
* “Remember the past and learn from previous errors, luv. If you bloody well don’t succeed the first time with your plans, try again. And again, and again…”
You can find Celia and her work using the links below…
Web site: http://www.celiabreslin.com/
AllRomance.com – https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-destiny-1641324-143.html
Barnes & Noble – http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/destiny-celia-breslin/1120522883